Author Topic: Bit Che - Translators Wanted!  (Read 165434 times)

September 15, 2006, 02:12:41 am
Read 165434 times

chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Information Offline
  • Unstoppable
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
I am always looking for translators to help create language files.

Here is the list of current translations:    https://github.com/convivea/bit-che-3-scripts/tree/master/languages

Instructions for translating Bit Che into your language:

1. Go to Bit Che:  File | Languages and click the link that says "Open Folder".. you should be at a directory like "C:\Users\[name]\App Data\Convivea\Bit_Che\2\Languages\". 

2. Copy 'English.ini' to the new language you are translating to. For example:  'NewLanguage.ini'

3. Edit this 'NewLanguage.ini' and translate only the text to the right of the '=' signs. For example, if you see "mnuH=Hello" then only translate the word 'Hello'.

4. Load up Bit Che and check to make sure the translations appear correctly. You might need to shorten the text for some of the buttons to appear correctly.

5. Once you are pleased with your results, attach your language file here to a forum post:
To do this, make a reply post here in this thread. While you are editing your post, you will see a link at the bottom that says "(Additional Options)".. click that and a file upload box will be displayed which will allow you to attach your language.ini straight to your post here.

and then you are done!

Instructions for updating an existing Language file:
1. Go to Bit Che:  File | Languages and click the link that says "Open Folder".. you should be at a directory like "C:\Users\[name]\App Data\Convivea\Bit_Che\2\Languages\". 

2. Open the Language.ini that you wish to edit.

3. Remove any "!" from the items.. for example, if you see  "!chkAutoRemove=Auto remove.."  then remove the "!" and translate "Auto remove.."

note:  the "!" means there is not a translation yet for that item so the English version is being used.

4. Close and then Load up Bit Che and check to make sure the translations appear correctly. You might need to shorten the text for some of the buttons to appear correctly.

5. Once you are pleased with your results, attach your language file here to a forum post:
To do this, make a reply post here in this thread. While you are editing your post, you will see a link at the bottom that says "(Additional Options)".. click that and a file upload box will be displayed which will allow you to attach your language.ini straight to your post here.

If you have any questions or any problems, don't hesitate to ask!)

Ps, I have a large database of country flags so you don't need to worry about the country flag icon.

Thank you in advance!
-chip

turegum's Tips for translators:

- Download and install Azureus (or uTorrent) and then toggle between English an your own language (tools-options-interface-language). Azureus has most of the torrenting related words you need already translated.
- If you have your own language Firefox you can compare the translations with and English version.
- Some Open Source projects (like GNOME) might have a localization pages including a computer related word dictionary on the local language web site. Check / Google that.
- Other sources: Babelfish, Google Rosetta project, computer dictionaries, Local language pages in Wikipedia, torrenting related translated ebooks, the torrenting geek sitting next to you...

Work slowly. If you get stuck with an expression or word, leave it for a while and come back to it later. don't try to force the translation.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:09:39 pm by chip! »
  -  http://bitche.es  -   And...  boom goes the dynamite.

April 29, 2014, 02:06:39 am
Reply #1

GiangiRE

• Information Offline
    • View Profile
While testing my Italian translation for BC 3.0.8 I've seen that the hits ballons are never translated

The translation ini is attached! ;D
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 12:13:49 am by GiangiRE »

April 29, 2014, 07:47:10 am
Reply #2

chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Information Offline
  • Unstoppable
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
thanks everyone.. i have the new Bit Che 3.0 language pack updated (there are a couple more strings since your last 2.0.60 file :) )

June 15, 2014, 05:49:40 am
Reply #3

Ivek23

• Information Offline
  • Newbie Member
    • View Profile
Corrected Slovenian language file for the latest Bit Che 3.0.8 version.

Now is arranged better translation for the latest version of Bit Che.

Request:

The file add in the next update in Bit Che 3.0 language pack.

The attached Slovenian.ini file.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 10:15:50 am by Ivek23 »

July 02, 2014, 01:25:07 pm
Reply #4

chip!

• Bad Ass
  • Information Offline
  • Unstoppable
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
thank you. i will have that included in the 3.0 pack which is now synced for all updates.   :)

July 03, 2014, 09:42:57 pm
Reply #5

Ivek23

• Information Offline
  • Newbie Member
    • View Profile
thank you. i will have that included in the 3.0 pack which is now synced for all updates.   :)

Thanks, chip!

July 18, 2014, 04:33:28 am
Reply #6

sixfingers

• Information Offline
    • View Profile
Hi there....

i just want to know if its possible to get the plus version of bitche by promotin on my twitter account ....

i want to do that... but i dont know how....

thanks a lot.....

bye !!!

September 07, 2014, 01:37:50 am
Reply #7

Ivek23

• Information Offline
  • Newbie Member
    • View Profile
Was corrected some mistakes in the translation of Slovenian language file.

Working properly on Bit Che 3.0.8 version. Works well on the new Bit Che 3.1.0 version.

Attached is a corrected Slovenian.ini file.

October 05, 2014, 10:56:21 pm
Reply #8

Ivek23

• Information Offline
  • Newbie Member
    • View Profile
Now is attached yet corrected Slovenian2.ini and Slovenian2.txt file and also in the zip format.